Well, I am now officially a part of German heritage. I went to Oktoberfest and it was ridiculous. I was only able to stay for a couple of hours, but it was one tremendous party. It was a lot of fun to get away from the school life for a weekend. I mean, what could have been better. Lots of German beer and food at one of the biggest festivals on the planet? It was a great experience. Something that you might find kind of interesting... Apparently, germans like to get drunk and ride carnival rides... Just sounds like the right thing to do right? I think not... :)
It was really fun going to Oktoberfest, but I had to get back to Bamberg for my second football game. So I didn't get the full experience of the Oktoberfest, which was completely ok with me. I was so tired by that point, that anything more than one beer might have made me unbelievably tired. Funny story, the train to Oktoberfest was like a 4 and half hour long ride. My train ride back was about an hour. So that was nice. The team played really well in a losing effort, but it was a lot of fun. I managed to put a full weekend in which was just absolutely probably not good for my health. I am realizing how much I am putting into work, school and fun, and it has completely worn me down. I have some kind of cold that is just kicking my butt right now. Hopefully, I will get better soon.
I am kind of stressing out with the workload that I am now carrying. It would be one thing if it was just about being a student teacher, but I am not. I am a student as well and that more than anything else is giving me the trouble. The workload has progressively gotten more difficult, and it frustrates me beyond belief. It has been frustrating, but I am trying to understand what I am supposed to be doing. I really feel like I am just barely treading water.
I do miss you all a lot, and I am still working hard in developing my faith. I appreciate any and all prayers, and know that I am working to be better. God is totally rocking my life right now, and I am learning a lot about what I am supposed to be doing. I am reading through Romans and learning a lot. I am also reading C.S. Lewis The Four Loves and it has really been good for me. God is truly blessing my life right now, and helping me understand my purpose. I am so thankful and so in awe of his incredible plan, and I know that he does have a great plan for me.
I miss you all and I leave you with a picture from Munich. :) I love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment