First I hope everyone is doing fantastic. I am really adjusting and doing well in Germany and really starting to sink my teeth into the teaching thing. It has been a real eye opening experience. I am asking that you all be praying for me as I student teach. I have had some slight frustrations with the way in which things have been going, but I am hoping that they turn around for the better :) I am trusting that God has a great purpose for me at this high school.
So.. did you know that a cathedral in prague took over 700 years to build? I didn't either, at least until I went there. It was one of the most beautiful cities I have ever been too. The only thing that was really disappointing was the amount of grafitti. Other than that, it was awesome. I saw the Prague castle which surrounded a cathedral that was one of the prettiest I have ever seen. I think I will let the pictures speak for themselves. It was such an incredible experience, one I almost didn't go on.
I had made a commitment to the football team, and was going to bypass the city when the head football coach came up to me and told me to go to Prague, his words were, "you could have done your student teaching in the states, go travel" And really, it was what I needed to hear, see I have been hesitant to go to new places without a set plan, and Prague was definitely not a set plan. But I did go, and it was awesome. I am so glad that God was once again prodding me to expand and open my horizons, and it was another growing opportunity for me. I am nervous to travel, but never will I doubt going somewhere again. I did go with my roommates and we had a fantastic time. I am so glad that I went.
I do miss everyone so much, but I am making sure that there are going to be some pictures on this post. I put on a picture of Bamberg, and one of the view of Prague from the castle and the cathedral. And for my mom, me next to a baby cow.. :D I hope you all enjoy. I love you all, and the next post will come sooner, I promise.
1 comment:
Robert, Rachael loved Prague as well. It reminder her of Athens. Sounds like you are having and adventure. You will always cherish this time.
I am looking forward to having Charles with us tonight. He and Teri are driving a piece of furniture to a customer in Tennessee and is stopping here in St. Louis for the evening.
We will have a good time I am sure. Look forward to your next post.
Tom Shrout
Post a Comment