Sunday, October 19, 2008

Life on Post

So... first things first, Can someone please answer me why a team would play a home game 37 minutes away from their city. That makes no sense. But alas, that was my day yesterday as I tried to find the Eintracht Bamberg soccer team. It was quite the adventure. Only after I came  home from the unsuccessful attempt at finding a soccer game, did I find out why I couldn't find the home game. Funny huh?  My roommates and I have now decided that we are going to go find a soccer team elsewhere and hopefully see a German Bundesliga game soon. We are pretty pumped for it. 
Anyways, work has just gotten ridiculous the past week. But, I feel like I might have some more time because of football being done. It was an interesting season, but I am very thankful for it. I saw a lot of talented kids who just didn't care about whether or not they won or lost. It was more about, that they got to wear the jersey.  Now, I am not talking about all of the kids, but most of them definitely went along those lines.  The team lost there last game this week 47-0. It was a learning experience for sure, but the coaches were great and they taught me a lot, and as one of them stated to me "at least you know what talent without heart looks like."
Today, was a great awakening for me. I have been feeling distant and lethargic about where I was going in my faith. I was even late to church, but am I glad that I went. The sermon today was one of those things that I needed to hear at exactly that moment. It's funny how that usually works. God totally is rocking my world when I focus on him. The sermon talked about putting my daily actions to the test of the scriptures and basically gave a guideline that offers quick ways to test my intentions. Now, I don't mean it was the exact way, but it did give me a new way to approach the scripture. It was refreshing to hear how my approach to the day might affect those on their path and how I can be more mindful of that. It was really awesome. 
I am enjoying Bamberg, but I think I am ready for another big trip somewhere. I am trying to figure out the best options for me, but I am ready to go somewhere else, just to have a break. School is a challenge, and I am shocked at how much I am working. It has not been unusual for myself to be putting 12-14 hours a day. Just to let you all know that I haven taken over all of my classes. I am doing well, but I struggle with the apathy within the school. I guess I have never really faced students just not caring and not doing their work. That has been a real big challenge for me. 
I appreciate all of the love and support that I am receiving. I got a letter from my grandmother the other day, and it literally brought tears to my eyes every time I tried reading it. Thanks Grandma! :D Know that I am doing really well, and that I am really working hard and trying to be the best teacher I can be. One of the exciting things that I have done has been with my project. I am studying Kinesthetic movement and how it affects student learning in the classroom.  Kinesthetic movement is basically any type of movement associated with learning. For one of my data collection days, I used swing dancing to show how cultures create distinct identities to identify themselves. I taught a swing line dance, and I have now been asked to teach swing dancing on a regular basis. So that is always a positive :) Also, the other day, I had my students become planets to help them understand Kepler's laws of planetary motion. They were spinning and laughing, and hopefully learning all over the place. I am curious to see how my research project on Kinesthetic movement ends up.
I miss you all dearly, and I can't wait to see you all again. Thanks so much for all of the prayers and support. It helps more than I can ever express :)  I would like to ask everyone for prayers for specific guidance in service and recognition of what God is calling for.  I love you and miss you all!